1) The Application Form should be completed in full by a responsible adult or guardian, validated and countersigned either by a representative of the force Police Federation office, HR/Occupational Health Department or Benevolent Fund.
2) The Application Form should be sent to the Trust Administrator, along with copies of the required documentation for processing e.g. birth, adoption, marriage, death and incapacity certificates.
3) Failure to provide the relevant documents may delay consideration of the application by the Secretary and Trustees until these documents are received.
4) Upon receipt of the completed Application Form, and eligibility validation, a New Beneficiary Grant will be awarded by the Secretary to all eligible named children.
5) The Secretary will submit the application(s) received to the Board of Trustees for approval. Board of Trustee Meetings are held on a quarterly basis in February, May, August and November of each year.
6) The amount of benefit payable is dependent upon household income and the potential need or hardship. Benefit is graduated within a banding framework and if the application is approved, a ‘means tested’ grant (based upon household income) will be awarded.
7) Payments will be backdated to the date of the event giving rise to the application, or where the date of the event giving rise to the application is more than 12 months previously, to a maximum of twelve months preceding the date of the application.
8) The method of allowance and grant payment is by electronic bank transfer only (BACS).
9) An annual financial circumstances review will be requested and is required to assess the continuation and level of benefit. Failure to a complete and provide a Financial Circumstances Form is likely to lead to the suspension of benefit until this completed form is received.
10) If a change in the benefit paid results then this will be notified in writing and take effect from the payment made at the next quarter